[openbeos] Re: Haiku boot (was: makebootable problem)

  • From: "Stefano D'Angelo" <zanga.mail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 14:40:20 +0200

2007/5/6, Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> From: "Stefano D'Angelo" <zanga.mail@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2007/05/05 Sat PM 10:51:09 GMT
> To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [openbeos] Haiku boot (was: makebootable problem)
>
> Hi all,
> sorry for keeping on asking you to help me with Haiku, but I want to
> contribute to it somehow and I still couldn't boot it...
> The problem is quite strange: I downloaded an Haiku image, ran mkbfs
> under BeOS MAX/QEMU on a free partition

I use the BeOS DriveSetup app (under preferences) for that - when you
"initialise" the partition to BFS it will ask you for a volume name and
automatically mount it.

Ok

>, used the Haiku installer
> under Haiku/QEMU, and then restarted BeOS MAX on QEMU in order to make
> the partition bootable with makebootable.

I don't think the Haiku installer is finished, I certainly would recommend
using it. Instead mount the Haiku image under BeOS with Axel's Mount Image -
http://www.bebits.com/app/3576

Ok, I was trying this way but ImageMounter says that haiku.image is
not a valid image file, and mountimage just crashes... :-(

Stefano