[openbeos] Re: Haiku boot (was: makebootable problem)

  • From: "Stefano D'Angelo" <zanga.mail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 17:18:13 +0100

2007/5/7, Donovan Schulteis <deej575@xxxxxxxxx>:
Also keep in mind that imagemounter and mountimage are two different
applications, and I've had soooo much better luck with Axel's
mountimage.  Be sure to try out both.  ;)

Already done :-(
And the worst thing is that I tried Pingwinek GNU/Haiku 0.1.0 and it
boots from the CD (only problems: desktop icons and unsupported
monitor frequency when the Haiku logo at boot time should be shown)...
I think I will wait for R1.
Regarding audio interpolation, I worked out the problem mathematically
and algorithmically (keeping an eye on Haiku audio mixer code) and was
about to implement that solutions and send you patches, but I can't
test it.
Algorithms on which I "worked on" are: linear interpolation, cubic
spline interpolation, Whittaker-Shannon interpolation (aka sinc
interpolation).
If you want, I would be happy to give you all the informations needed.
I have also some advice on how to clean up a bit the actual
drop/repeat sample algorithm (get rid of the downsampling/upsampling
split).

Stefano

On 5/6/07, Stefano D'Angelo <zanga.mail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2007/5/6, Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >

> > > From: "Stefano D'Angelo" <zanga.mail@xxxxxxxxx>
> > > Date: 2007/05/06 Sun PM 01:11:11 GMT
> > > To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > Subject: [openbeos] Re: Haiku boot (was: makebootable problem)

recommend using it. Instead mount the Haiku image under BeOS with Axel's Mount Image -
http://www.bebits.com/app/3576

before mounting if you're trying to mount it from elsewhere.

> > > Oh... but since I'm using BeOS MAX live CD under QEMU (no chance to
> > > get it running natively) its file system is mounted read-only :-( ...
> > > what a mess!
> >
> > Can you not mount the MAX image as a hard disk rather than a CD? There's
nothing special about live CD versions of BeOS.