[openbeos] Re: Haiku at GSoC Mentor Summit?

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:39:38 -0400

On 9/17/07, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I recently heard that Google will be holding a GSoC Mentor Summit at the
> beginning of October, and I was wondering if any of the Haiku mentors
> had plans to attend.

I would like to attend and have discussed this a bit with Stephan, who
is currently the Haiku GSoC administrator. Google would like one
mentor coming to the summit to be in the US (to reduce travel costs,
which they reimburse), and I'm the only Haiku mentor who qualifies for
that. Lucky me ;)

The only issue right now is for us to do whatever we have to do to
ensure we (as in the mentors who want to go) are officially invited by
Google. I'm not sure if Stephan has to do something or if each of us
has to. I want to get this settled soon as the summit is a little over
two weeks away and plane tickets are just going to get more expensive
as we get closer to the date.

> If anyone comes,

Since Google covers most of the costs I think it would be smart for at
least some of us to attend the summit.

> we could organize some Haiku-related social activities
> on the side (like an informal gathering, or dinner/lunch, etc.), and
> maybe even try to pay a courtesy visit to JLG. :)

I think that would be great, and would enjoy meeting you folks in that
area (Jorge, Urias, Travis, et al.)

I would also hope to have something WebKit related to show off by
then, but don't hold me to it ;)

Regards,
Ryan