[haiku] Re: Haiku and raising money?

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 19:49:49 -0400

Jason McArdle wrote:
I know that Haiku wants donations. Is the HaikuOS on kickstarter?

That may be a way to get a good deal of money :)
I have read allot of ideas bout kickstarter, if one were to get a kickstarter project going, the goals would need to be clearly defined and the cost for the development work to be done, would also need to be very clear.

Say the goal of

Haiku Release 1

theres maybe a hand ful of folks that could estimate this cost, if I had to ballpark it, with the current developers, I'd estimate roughly 500,000 us dollars to make the push for r1, and that might not be enough.