[haiku] Re: Haiku and SSD's
- From: Giovanni Mugnai <musical777@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: haiku <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2017 22:08:35 +0200
2017-07-28 1:42 GMT+02:00, Giovanni Mugnai <musical777@xxxxxxxxx>:
What I could expect?
I've bought a Samsung EVO 850 SSD andHaiku is responsive and fast as usual :-)
I partitioned the SSD (250 GiB total) in two 125 GiB partition: the
first one for Win 7 and the second one for Haiku.
1) If I would to run trim on both partition, can I run it from a Linux live cd?
2) Here https://discuss.haiku-os.org/t/haiku-mbr-and-formatting-ssds/3403
I read that the partition on the SSD should be formatted with a 4K
(4096) block size, since DriveSetup offers a default blocksize of 2K
(2048): will it make any difference for the SSD?
Other related posts: