[openbeos] Haiku and Media Files

  • From: "David McPaul" <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:41:02 +1000

Heya,

Something to think about.

I noticed in the debate about creating a haiku demo set of files that
VLC seems to be the preferred player to demonstrate haiku.

Certainly having a port of VLC is a good thing.  However, Haiku liek
BeOS has a built in Media framework that the MediaPlayer uses and this
is what we should look at showing off.

Now, I don't believe the media framework is ready BUT I am concerned
that no-one is using it and so bugs are not being discovered and
reported.

Right now we have most media formats covered (avi, mov, mp4, mkv) but
we are missing a number of decoders (h264, aac)

So demo that VLC is available under Haiku if you must.
But also test MediaPlayer and raise bug reports.

Also be prepared to make the file available for our own testing.

--
Cheers
David