[openbeos] Re: Haiku, Virtual PC 2007, and networking

  • From: "Raymond C. Rodgers" <obos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 00:12:48 -0800

Raymond C. Rodgers wrote:

I'm looking forward to the app. Unfortunately, Virtual PC doesn't allow you to choose the emulation, and it's even possible that it's allowing the virtualized OS to access the real hardware to enhance the virtualization speed. I'm using an NVidia nForce 430B chipset motherboard (Asus M2NBP-VM CSM), and I'm not sure if NVidia is using their own ethernet chips or someone else's (such as DEC). When I get home tonight, I'll try dropping the drivers from BeOS Max into the Haiku installation and see what happens. I'll post the results.
The ethernet chipset is the DEC 21140 chipset, and it does indeed use the BeOS Tulip driver, which works properly (seemingly at least) under Haiku.

--
Raymond C. Rodgers
http://www.raymondrodgers.com/