[haiku] Re: Haiku User Guide

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 20:33:02 +0200

Urias McCullough wrote:

It seems there are sites out there that use a translation system
already, have you looked around much?

Not really. But all I do find, as with your example of BOINC, deal pretty much only with some separate strings used on a website or inside an app. No coherent whole pages with graphics and formatting like a complete user guide. I'm all for seeing a whole user guide page and coherently translate paragraph by paragraph. Cutting it all into strings feels unnatural to me.

But if anyone finds a system and can set it up to work for us, I'm all for it. I'm not much of a backend, web-tech, what-have-you guy. I like to just start writing or, when translating, which I've done a lot, just go <p> by <p>.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de