[haiku] Re: Haiku User Group Logo : What is wanted?

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 11:51:38 +0200

One important thing is to both protect the trademark, and still provide some
feeling of connection with the project for people not allowed to use it.
Failing to do that would lead to the trademarked logo and its graphical
environment not getting well-known, and something else being attached to the
quality.

That's why I feel it's a good idea to let the leaves for free use. While not
being the logo itself, they allow people to instantly recognize some website
as being connected to Haiku. That's what we want for user groups.
On the other hand, there is a risk of getting stickers and shirts with the
leaf only being sold by anyone, so maybe we'd want a not-so-free usage
policy on this, but not as restrictive as a trademark ?

--
Adrien.