[haiku] Re: Haiku UI Redesign.

  • From: "Ari Haviv" <arielbhaviv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 12:37:06 -0500

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 10:35 AM, kallisti5 <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> lol..
>
> I do really like what John did with it.  He really didn't go nuts and kept
> the BeOS feel while making it look more updated.  Quite a few commenter
> also agree that they like it. There are some in the thread that say the use
> of rounded corners will take extra cpu time but most of us have more then
> enough cpu to spare ;)

A few rounded corners and shadows can make a big difference. I think
the UI is still too flat and could stand out a bit more, like Mac OS
9.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9f/Mac_OS_9_screenshot_2.png
I didn't see any shadow around the menu...maybe that would also be a
nice touch. I think that the top right corner of the menu should be
straight so that it is aligned with the bottom of the menu bar.