[openbeos] Re: Haiku UI Guidelines in HTML / PDF etc

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:01:52 +0000

There needs to be a balance between readability and professionalism. At the
moment I think the balance is slightly too far towards the easy-reading,
joke-laden end of the spectrum -  the titles of the first chapter and first
section should definately be less jokey IMHO. I have no prolems with occasional
jokes in the main text ("Drag and Drop, not to be confused with falling
reptiles, ..." made me chuckle)

Clearly a lot of work has gone into the HIG, and I think overall it's looking
pretty good. Obviously it's still a work in progress and I'm sure it will be
cleaned up by the time as R1 draws ever closer. Good work, DarkWyrm!

Simon

> From: "Stefano Ceccherini" <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2007/01/24 Wed PM 12:12:22 GMT
> To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [openbeos] Re: Haiku UI Guidelines in HTML / PDF etc
>
> 2007/1/24, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Now that I read the HIG guidelines... can we please try to avoid stuff
> like "Duh!" or "Good Thing (TM)" which makes the thing sound too
> childish ?

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software