[haiku] Re: Haiku R1 alpha1 does not work on Intel 830MG

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 23:40:06 -0800

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 7:23 PM, Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 10:11 PM, Bryan Varner <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'm glad I'm not the only one having an issue with the intel_extreme
>> driver. I have a Dell Latitude D620 laptop, (GMA950) that the
>> intel_extreme driver fails on.
>>

> Care to elaborate as to exactly how it fails? There are tickets
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/3464 and
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/5214 that pertain to issues with the
> gma950, you may want to chime in with a syslog and/or other relevant
> info on whichever one of those more closely matches your problem. Note
> however that Axel's currently on vacation so it might be a bit before
> you get a response.

There are more tickets than that - GMA950 represents the i940/i945
line of video chips (which includes my Atom 330-based desktop
machine)... and there are also problems with i910/i915 last I checked
(which includes my wife's P4 3.0ghz box). It does work with my AA1
which has an i945, however, so it's not consistently failing.

Also reference: http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/3149 and
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/4240 (and probably more)

I suspect the problem is lack of available failing hardware for anyone
who can debug and fix the problems :(

- Urias