[haiku] Haiku R1 alpha1 does not work on Intel 830MG

  • From: Eguchi Satoshi <satoshieguchi82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 02:07:38 +0900

Hi!

We have "OSC (Open Source Conference) 2010 Kansai" in this July,
and I plan to participate in it as a member of the Japanese community
of Haiku, not of JPBE.net.

Preparing for the conference, I bought an old laptop and installed
Haiku R1 alpha1 on the laptop.
Although this laptop has the Intel 830GM chipset, Haiku tries to load
the intel_extreme driver, which I think works on Intel 855 or later.
So I remove /boot/system/add-ons/kernel/drivers/dev/graphics/
intel_extreme from the system, and force Haiku to use the VESA
driver.

Is this probrem is already known?
Is there any driver that works on Intel 830GM?

Yours,
Satoshi Eguchi (log-1)