[haiku] Haiku R1 Alpha: Impressed... I am curious about the current replacement for BeIDE?

  • From: Dennis Catt <cattmail@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 21:10:52 -0400

Gang,

So I finally checked out Haiku R1 Alpha over the weekend and I was very impressed. It's to feel a FAST and (almost) SOLID operating system again. I didn't install it yet (just ran the Live CD on a laptop) on one of my dedicated BeOS machines, but I plan to this coming weekend and see what else is working/not working.

I was curious about who is using what in replacement of BeIDE for application development. I saw a thread about DarkWyrm's Paladin, but I wanted to know what is recommended for application development as far as an IDE is concerned?