[haiku] Re: Haiku R1 Alpha 2 installation problem

  • From: "Miroslav Stimac" <Miroslav.Stimac@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 14:51:03 +0200

Hello Truls,

Thanks for your fast answer.

The advice regarding SPACE is helpful.
Now I know how to enter this special mode.

However, I did not manage to install Haiku R1 Alpha 2.
I tried many different configurations (I also tried to deactivate everything)
in the safe mode, but all failed.
Furthermore, I noticed that the system stops at different steps.

With some modes I even come until the installation process.
But then, while copying one of the first files, the system stops without any
error message.

R1 Alpha 1 worked fine.
It is the same notebook. I did not change any hardware.
The only difference is, that now I have a partition where R1 Alpha 1 is
installed. Could it be that there is a problem while scanning the partitions?

A few months ago, when I installed R1 Alpha 1, I had 2 Windows partititions. On
one of the there was Vista. The other was a Windows partitition without any OS
on it.

Now I have the same pertitition (the 2 Windows partititions) plus the Haiku R1
Alpha 1 partitition.
This is the only difference between now and some months ago.

Regards,
Miroslav Stimac