[haiku] Re: [Haiku Project] content type subscription for koki: A message to all Haiku developers (read in spare time)

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 09:17:58 -0800

Howdy,

The message for the Haiku devs quote below was posted on the website forums. I thought I would pass it on to this list, so that the Haiku developers can see it.

Cheers,

--
Jorge/aka Koki
Website: http://haikuzone.net

Haiku Project wrote:
| Category: General Haiku Discussion
| Author: bendib
| Title: A message to all Haiku developers (read in spare time)

I am a Linux user. Glad to be a Linux user, and until recently, I was quite
the Linux purist. THen I booted a Haiku LiveCD. It blew me away! I love the
GUI, the core, I especially love the terminal. I never tried BeOS in my life,
but Haiku is really special. This message is to Haiku developers to say,
DON'T BE ANOTHER SKYOS! Don't start out with a good idea, then as soon as you
get something bootable you quit. Don't. Nor do I want to see you make one
final release and quit. I know Haiku has a little more backing, but if
developers go missing, haiku will just die. I am writing this on A1 with the
Atheros driver installed, in case you were wondering. Haiku has an amazingly
powerful environment and GUI in around 700MB of installed space. Now that's
pretty special. I would like to join the developers, but I already maintain
various dumb utilities across the net, like SpeedNT and OldExplorer and
GeekDOS (the latter my flagship thing.) If I get more free time, I will wish
to join.

The point of my message:

You have something REALLY great here. Greater than some of you know. Do not
fizzle out! I don't mean one release, I mean you could be the next penguin if
you try hard enough. Coming from a Linux user.

-Ben