[haiku] Re: Haiku PowerPC builds

  • From: Alex <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:20:21 -0500

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:54:54 -0400, DarkWyrm <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Alex wrote:
>> Good morning!
>>
>> I've started throwing my PowerPC builds of Haiku onto my website, if
>> anyone...
> Wow! Does Haiku even boot on PPC machines?

It's been a while since I've tried it. When i tried it a few months ago the
boot loader for Haiku PPC comes up and sees Haiku partitions.  It will load
the kernel and output debug data to the screen... but thats about it.

I am working on getting my old G4 working again with a pci serial card for
debugging, in the mean time I thought having up to date PPC builds may get
more eyes on it and better testing ;)

On that note... anyone willing to donate an old/unused new-world-ROM
PowerPC laptop to me for testing? :)

--Alex