[haiku] Re: Haiku Logo'd USB flash drives

  • From: Daniel Devine <devine-mlist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 15:53:34 +1000

I think these drives would be excellent to peddle at conferences. I would
pay $20 (USD, $25 AUD) even though I know I could get the USB drive myself
for $10.
I think a $10 donation per drive would be worth the effort. I would guess
that you could move at least 10 of them per conference. It only takes a few
minutes to dd the image so setting them up should be easy - write a simple
bash script so that you can do four or so simultaneously (while being sure
that you don't accidentally image your own /dev/sda).

I have seen businesses get their own sticks printed so I assume there a fair
few places that do printing on USB sticks... there must be a bargain
somewhere.
 I was however recently told about el-cheapo USB sticks that were given (as
part of the schwag) out at OSDC in  Sydney(?) and there was problems where
the stick reported that it was 4GB, but there was only actually 3.5GB or so
memory so data would go into address space that didn't really exist.

--Daniel Devine