[haiku] Re: Haiku Installer: "Write Boot Sector to Haiku" button

  • From: Chris Tognela <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 20:21:54 +0800

On 15/09/2009, at 8:12 PM, Humdinger wrote:

See last paragraph at
http://www.haiku-os.org/docs/userguide/en/applications/installer.html

Maybe we should emphasize, that a normal installation process will
write the boot sector automatically.

Yep, this surprised me when installation completed, but it didn't damage the Windows install.

Thanks also for your in-depth explanation, Stephan! I have no doubt that Haiku will be a winner for me, I think I've been lurking since about 2002. I hope that day-to-day use will afford me more opportunities to help the project.

Cheers,
Chris