[openbeos] Re: Haiku Icon set ...

  • From: Begasus <Begasus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:56:05 +0100

Sorry for being silent for so long ... ;)

One thing I'm not and that's a thing most people know by now is a dev ... I
only know a 'litle' bit how to create some nice icons.
I don't have a prob with converting icons over in another format, even if
that is in HVIF, to bad that there isn't a plugin for this in the latest
Wonderbrush 2.1. I'm not a great artist in IconOMatic yet (as I love
WonderBrush to much) but a plugin or translator for HVIF could be helpfull in
this case to create Haiku ready icons.
I'm still not sure how the icons are set in Haiku (but then again it took me
quite some time to figure that out in ZETA also), so some guidelines on how
to change icons/decor in Haiku would be something to consider in the future.
I'm planning to write some info in the near future to show people how this
can be done in ZETA.

> I'm raising the point, because I think everyone failed to see
> Begasus' regarding "interoperability".
> Begasus is hoping he can bring his SVGs onto Haiku, and that can be
> done already via importing, but he cant import something without
> needing to dig around in Icon-o-matic. He also can't export a HVI
> (via SVG) without losing something in the process.

PS .. the theme I'm working on is based on a gnome theme used in ubuntu atm
so it's not like I invented the light here. ;)

> If he could happily create an SVG on any platform or application of
> choice, add the custom zoom info, then one can make a full HVI
> without needing Haiku & Icon-O-Matic.
>
> We'll find artists that join Haiku are happier with their own tools
> (even Wonderbrush) for creating these things, why not help them?
>
> I hope Stephan can say if it's possible.

I hope Stephan could get some fix for this also, even if it is for some small
update on the latest version for Wonderbrush so it could save icons to HVIF
also (maybe a small sp?), on the other hand ... an import plugin for HVIF
files for WonderBrush would be nice too ... ;).