[haiku] Re: Haiku IA-64?

  • From: kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 10:01:39 -0600

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 16:28:05 +0100, MG <marcogb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I definitely will give it a good try, to see how far I get.

Good to hear. I hope you succeed.

> Again, I was mostly (if not only) looking if there were, by any chance,
other IA-64 owners posting on this mailing list.

Fair enough.  I looked back at your posts and you are correct.  I did get
the initial impression that you were saying that someone "needed" to do
it, however I was mistaken in this regard.

This topic has been brought up several times in the past.  A quick Google
search shows all the previous posts and pre-existing extended conversation
on it:
//www.freelists.org/post/haiku/IA64-support
//www.freelists.org/post/haiku-development/Feasibility-of-a-64bit-port

Feel free to contact the other authors to form a "IA-64 alliance" (or
whatever)

> As for the 'etiquette,' I had no idea.  Is this better?

Already determined this was a freelists error, the original email sent
didn't contain these headers.

Good luck on adding IA-64 support, anything that adds additional
architecture support is always a good thing.

 Thanks!
  -- Alexander von Gluck IV