[openbeos] Re: Haiku - FreeDesktop.org cooperation proposal

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (aka Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 09:35:41 -0700

François Revol wrote:
Hi François,

I have a fundamental question: did you have a discussion and/or reached a consensus with the Haiku team regarding this topic before you sent the email on their behalf to FreeDesktop.org?

I sent this mail long ago to the Haiku, Inc board members, that is you, axel and bruno, and though you said you didn't have time to read, I only had bruno replying to say it was a good idea.

Aha! That explains why I was sure that I had seen this before, but could not remember where. I am getting senile... :P Anyway, I don't remember the circumstances, but this is not something that I would be able to provide any meaningful input into; so even if I have had the time, I may not have been able to say anything intelligent.

Personal excuses aside, Haiku Inc. is not where the decisions on things related to development are made. It is the development team that makes all development-related decisions, and if I understand correctly, the place to discuss with or get input from the development team is the [haiku-development] list, so that's probably the best place to present these proposals for input.

We also had a similar topic on this ml more than a year ago and it didn't bring much cons...
//www.freelists.org/archives/openbeos/01-2007/msg00348.html

It doesn't enroll us for anything anyway it's just formal presentation of what could be done.

I realize that it does not enroll us for anything, but it does make a few "bold" statements regarding potential adherence to standards (by the project) and possible involvement by the Haiku devs. So I was wondering if you had discussed these with the developers themselves, and by that I specifically mean the development team beyond just Axel and BGA.

Cheers,

Koki