[haiku] Re: Haiku Flyer for GSOC09

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 18:22:27 +0100

Ritrup Biswas schrieb:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ritrup/Haiku#5309716057021087042

Done some changes to the flyer what say guys?

Ok, here are my points of critique, hope you don't take some of them personal:

* Still using the old logo. Grab a new one from here: <http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/data/artwork>

* The "Yes! you can..." sentence has 2008 instead of 2009

* The line with the Google logo look a bit out of place.

* The blue boxen in the middle have clearly been scaled the wrong way, so that the round corners are now squished.

* The rightmost blue box is way to crammed for its important information.

* "Find out how to apply" has old link (new one not yet up, but will hopefully be soon).

* Same for "Check out our project ideas".

* The logo stripe at the top has the orange navigation are which does not serve anymore purpose on this flyer.

* My subjective feeling is that this flyer doesn't transport the "regular" Haiku look & feel very well. I don't really know why that is. Maybe it's too many different colors and too crammed overall.

Best regards,
-Stephan