[haiku] Re: Haiku Flyer for GSOC09

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <jorge.g.mare@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 08:34:32 -0800

Humdinger wrote:
> Jorge G. Mare wrote:
>> http://www.haikuzone.net/files/2009-03-04_gsoc2009-flyer-draft1.png
>
> Ritrup Biswas wrote:
> > http://picasaweb.google.com/ritrup/Haiku#
>
> Difficult choice. Jorge's is more sincere, while Ritrup's looks more
> exciting. Just hope the students don't mistake it for a post-semester
> shindig... :)
>
> On Jorge's draft:
> It appears a bit crammed. Maybe a bit more space between the header
> and the rest.

I did (deliberately) choose big fonts to allow reading from the
distance, as in when the flier is posted on a board, which is where I
expect it would be used mostly. But I may have gone a bit overboard, so
I will try to make some adjustments so that it looks less crammed. :)

> Maybe a horizontal line? Also, slightly colouring the
> "Google+Mentors=Huzzah" boxes like Ritrup did would freshen things up.

I chose to use colors with moderation so that the flier looks acceptable
even when printed in black and white (I don't expect everyone to be able
to print this in color). Snazzy colors look nice on the screen, but when
you print them on a laser printer or make B/W photocopies, they can look
pretty bad. :)

I will make a few adjustments and repost another draft later today.

Cheers,

Jorge