[haiku] Re: Haiku Flyer for GSOC09

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 12:59:55 +0100

Jorge G. Mare wrote:
http://www.haikuzone.net/files/2009-03-04_gsoc2009-flyer-draft1.png

Ritrup Biswas wrote:
> http://picasaweb.google.com/ritrup/Haiku#

Difficult choice. Jorge's is more sincere, while Ritrup's looks more exciting. Just hope the students don't mistake it for a post-semester shindig... :)

On Jorge's draft:
It appears a bit crammed. Maybe a bit more space between the header and the rest. Maybe a horizontal line? Also, slightly colouring the "Google+Mentors=Huzzah" boxes like Ritrup did would freshen things up.

On Ritrup's draft:
I'd drop the "Would you like to do both at once?" and the Barackesque blurb and go with something like Jorge's "Then join Haiku for the Google Summer of Code 2009". Also, the Nightly Builds, About and the screenshots at the bottom aren't necessary and should be left out to be more concise. I like the yellow tab, but don't think everyone that prints out 50 flyers will fetch their scissors. But even without cutting it's a nice attention getter.
The scrollbar OTOH is a bit too much IMO.
Also, you'll have to use Haiku's current logo. The leaves are a bit different.
And, the Google logo should be featured prominently.

Thanks to both of you for working on that thing!
How are other preparations for the Google Summer coming along? Mentors, project
ideas etc.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de