[haiku] Re: Haiku Flyer for GSOC09

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 11:14:01 +0100

Hi Jorge,

> Jorge G. Mare wrote:
> > I will make a few adjustments and repost another draft later today.
> >

> Here is draft #2:
>
> http://www.haikuzone.net/files/2009-03-05_gsoc2009-flyer-draft2.png
>
> I think it now looks a bit less crammed, and it is a bit more colorful
> too while still printing OK on monochrome printers (that's what I am
> testing it here with).
>
> I will release this as an Adobe Illustrator and PDF files on Monday 3/9,
> so if you have any feedback/input, please make your voice heard before
> that date.
>
> I would particularly like to hear from the devs that will act as mentors
> if they are OK with the tone and wording of the message that the flyer
> conveys.

I think this one is pretty cool as is. One thing you could experiment with is
the blue boxen ([]+[]=...). You could make that three boxen again, but instead
of using a dark blue background and white text, use a pretty light blue one of
pretty much the same color hue and use the dark blue color as the text color.
That way the date on the top right will stick out even more. I love the window
screen shot. Much better than just a tiny screen shot where you can't see any
details anyways, and it even serves a purpose! Cool idea!

Best regards,
-Stephan