[haiku] Re: Haiku Flier 2010 data & artwork page on Haiku website

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare/aka Koki" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 07:24:42 +0000

Hi Lars,

Lars Nooden wrote on Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:51:12 +0200> Hi, Jorge,
> Jorge G. Mare wrote:
> > For now, the ZIP package is being hosted here:
> > http://haikuzone.net/files/temp/2010-02-24_haiku-flier-2010_indesign.zip
> > >
> Once unzipped, the file format inside is not a familiar one.  Can you
> post an SVG or ODF file?

No professional printer shop (that I know of at least) will take an SVG
or ODF file for offset printing, so I created the flier in Adobe
InDesign; that's what the ".indd" files are.

It is possible to save these as AI files which could then be opened in
Inkscape; but in my experience, this sort of cross-platform/format
conversion results in a file that is pretty useless, so I will not even
try. In summary, to edit you will need InDesign.

What I will do when I have some time is create CMYK and RGB PDFs for
those who would want to print the flier as is.

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki