[openbeos] Re: Haiku Drivers

  • From: "Karl vom Dorff" <karl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:34:24 -0400

Hi Niklas,

Well, like Axel said, the drivers are untested and may not build on R5
anymore... Maybe that's why you're getting errors.

'Also, more and more Haiku things won't build anymore for R5, and it's
usually not needed to try to keep them building either.'

I don't really need the drivers, but I thought that maybe if they're an
improvement over existing drivers it may be nice to have say a snapshot of
built ones put in a tarball for BeBits.

cya

On 7/12/07, Niklas Nisbeth <noisetonepause@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jul 12, 2007, at 1:01 PM, Axel Dörfler wrote:

> These packages are nightly builds and completely untested - it doesn't
> make much sense to make them available on BeBits or Haikuware in this
> way (at least not if there isn't a well tested official release of
> that
> driver alongside the same entry).
> Also, more and more Haiku things won't build anymore for R5, and it's
> usually not needed to try to keep them building either.

Makes sense.

I got a bunch of errors building them, but some packages were built.
I then promptly proceded to format the drive with my source tree and
generated objects on it, so err... Karl, if you still want them,
it'll be a day or two before I can help you!

Niklas