[openbeos] Re: Haiku Demo app Idea

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 18:45:37 -0400

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Ralf Schülke <teammaui@xxxxxx> wrote:

> can we add alls sample code in the haiku tree? and can we edit the code in
> haiku code style?

This was a project I had started working on, though I was going to
have it outside the Haiku tree in a Git repo. But the idea was to go
through the Be Sample Code, find the interesting stuff, reformat it to
the Haiku Coding Guidelines, fix any bugs or incompatibilities and add
a Jamfile. The idea would be that the whole sample code Git repo could
be put under 3rdparty and a simple addition to the UserBuildConfig
would add it to the build. Sort of like what I did with WebKit.

I haven't gotten far on this project yet. I have too many other things
I am working on, but I still am interested in this, if anyone wants to
help.

Ryan