[openbeos] Re: Haiku Compatible badge (again)

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 14:30:13 +0100

Bikeshed alert! We've got some pretty talented arty-types around here - I'd be happy to leave it to them for a bit.

The Haiku logo was not publicly discussed at all, but I'm sure everyone likes it or at least has now got used to it.

Urias McCullough wrote:
On 5/26/07, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
I am actually in favor of both 3b and 5b and having them available at the
same time. I know from personal experience that it can be very helpful to be able to chose from more options, in order to use whichever fits a particular
surounding best. In this case, the dark color of 3b could be substituted
with another dark color by the user of the logo.

3b is definitely my favorite now :)

While I'm sending an email though, I'll agree with this :) As others have said, it is possible to print with 1 spot colour ink which is a good feature. The only thing I'm not sure about is the rounded corners vs the square separation between blue and white.

On the multiple badge thing - different colours are perhaps OK, but the design should be fixed IMHO. This badge is supposed to be the constant between all sorts of various 3rd party distros - allowing them too much choice in it ruins the unifying effect it is supposed to have.

Perhaps move the critique discussion to the cdt list if it still exists?

Simon