[openbeos] Re: Haiku Compatible badge (again)

  • From: "Tyler Akidau" <haiku@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 11:11:25 -0700

On 5/26/07, Waldemar Kornewald <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Stephan,

On 5/26/07, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> <http://www.yellowbites.com/stuff/index.html>
>
> I am actually in favor of both 3b and 5b and having them available at
the
> same time. I know from personal experience that it can be very helpful
to be
> able to chose from more options, in order to use whichever fits a
particular
> surounding best. In this case, the dark color of 3b could be substituted
> with another dark color by the user of the logo.

I'm fine with 1b and 5b, but I think 3b is the best because it can
also be easily provided in black&white. Does 3b still look good if you
put a frame around it, so the "Compatible" is still part of the logo
when printed on white background?

Do you really think it's good to have two colored logos? Doesn't that
hinder recognition? What if, say, 80% use logo A and 20% use logo B?
Doesn't that make B look like a fake?
Note, I do agree that it's good to have one b&w (maybe 3b?) and one
colored version (3b/5b?).

Having two colored logos doesn't seem like a bad thing to me. As others have
stated, it'd be nice for distros to have a choice with the color of the logo
(such as for 3b), and right there you're opening yourself up to having more
than two logos, color-wise. As long as the logos are effectively identical
otherwise, you still have a lot of pattern recognition in common, and if
anybody takes half a second to actually read the thing, they're going to
realize it's identical to the others except perhaps for the colors.

Anyway, my wife and I both like 5b and 3b the best as well. Nice job,
Stippi. :-)

-Tyler