[openbeos] Re: Haiku Compatible badge (again)

  • From: Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 10:25:25 +0200

Am 26.05.2007 um 10:07 schrieb Stephan Assmus:

i all,

thank you very much for your valuable feedback! I have tried to take your critique into account (improved typeface and centering) and tried to evolve
the respective directions of each logo. I left out 4 and 6, because
appearently, the other ones were better received. Here is what I got now:

<http://www.yellowbites.com/stuff/index.html>

I am actually in favor of both 3b and 5b and having them available at the same time. I know from personal experience that it can be very helpful to be able to chose from more options, in order to use whichever fits a particular surounding best. In this case, the dark color of 3b could be substituted
with another dark color by the user of the logo.

I really like the monochrome versions. The contrast in 5b is wonderful but for some reason makes me worry about colour blindness! How would it work in greyscale?

Producing versions of these logos with alternative aspect ratio is certainly
possible.

To Austin: I have no idea what the typeface of "HAIKU" is. All I ever
received was vector shapes and I completed the H and A myself. I also
aligned the shapes to pixels, so they are slightly distorted by now and might not fit a particular font 100% anymore. The typeface of COMPATIBLE is
"Hymnst777 BT Roman" (comes with BeOS R5).

I think you mean "Humanist 777" - it's a Frtuiger clone; Frutiger's always good. :-D

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20