[openbeos] Re: Haiku Compatible badge (again)

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 10:07:37 +0200

Hi all,

thank you very much for your valuable feedback! I have tried to take your
critique into account (improved typeface and centering) and tried to evolve
the respective directions of each logo. I left out 4 and 6, because
appearently, the other ones were better received. Here is what I got now:

<http://www.yellowbites.com/stuff/index.html>

I am actually in favor of both 3b and 5b and having them available at the
same time. I know from personal experience that it can be very helpful to be
able to chose from more options, in order to use whichever fits a particular
surounding best. In this case, the dark color of 3b could be substituted
with another dark color by the user of the logo.

Producing versions of these logos with alternative aspect ratio is certainly
possible.

To Austin: I have no idea what the typeface of "HAIKU" is. All I ever
received was vector shapes and I completed the H and A myself. I also
aligned the shapes to pixels, so they are slightly distorted by now and
might not fit a particular font 100% anymore. The typeface of COMPATIBLE is
"Hymnst777 BT Roman" (comes with BeOS R5).

Best regards,
-Stephan