[openbeos] Re: Haiku Compatible badge (again)

  • From: Karl vom Dorff <karl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 16:13:54 -0400

You know, now that I look at it, you're right. It is simple and elegant!

From a biological perspective, plants are primary producers, without them the world wouldn't exist.

Via photosynthesis, they convert solar energy into chemical energy and provide food for secondary consumers.

OS X, and all other operating systems with animals can be viewed as secondary consumers because they've taken pieces from other operating systems, whereas Haiku produced itself.

In this context, whoever thought of the leaf was brilliant!

On 25-May-07, at 3:59 PM, Łukasz 'Sil2100' Zemczak wrote:

Hi,

Stephan Assmus wrote:
Hi all,

I have also worked a bit on a HAIKU COMPATIBLE logo. I have collected my
ideas so far here:

All of them are great, but I find #1 and #5 most attractive. But I do
agree with Michael - the classical sticker aspect ratio seems more
natural for such things.

Karl vom Dorff wrote:
I think Haiku needs a mascot. An animal of some sort, to spice up the logo.
Looks kind of boring.

Since I'm one of those simplicity lovers, I'm all against any mascot's
for Haiku. In my opinion, a leaf is all we need - it's simple, elegant
and certainly fits Haiku the best. No additions needed. The same is with
actual haiku, where the beauty is hidden beneath only a few words.
Just my 5 cents.

--
Best regards,
Łukasz 'Sil2100' Zemczak

WIRTUALNA POLSKA SA, ul. Traugutta 115c, 80-226 Gdansk; NIP: 957-07-51-216; Sad Rejonowy Gdansk-Polnoc KRS 0000068548, kapital zakladowy 62.880.024 zlotych (w calosci wplacony)