[haiku] Haiku Commercial Contracting Opportunity

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku ML <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 21:06:57 -0400

I've been in contact with a Barry Henderson from iZ Technology, which
is a company which has a music editor appliance which is currently
based on BeOS. They are interested in moving to Haiku, but they would
like some help, and they are willing to pay a contractor for that.

I don't have a lot of details (though I'm sure I can get more), but the
basic idea is they have a particular motherboard they are interested
in using, which has all the ports they need. They have their own
hardware for the music part of it.

The work for the contract would involve making sure Haiku works on
this particular motherboard, and getting their software working in
Haiku running on that motherboard. There may also be need for writing
drivers for their special music hardware.

Barry told me they experimented about 5 years ago with Haiku and one
of their guys got their software running in a few days. They don't
really need any other applications, and their software runs in one
large window. They use the Interface Kit.

I am emailing to see who might be interested in this work. Since this
is a very nice opportunity for Haiku, I'd like to see names I'm
familiar with, and I hope whoever expresses interest has the skills to
do the job well. Barry asked me if I was interested, but honestly I
don't know if I have the skill set.

Whoever is interested can feel free to email me privately, but I'd be
happy to have any public discussion (or excitement) about this
opportunity.

--
Regards,
Ryan