[openbeos] Re: Haiku Book and Revision 19612

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 15:00:25 -0500

On 12/23/06, Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi guys,

Merry Christmas to you all. Especially for this Christmas I put
something special under (or better: in) the tree: some Haiku Book
goodies.

Happy Holidays to you too.

The second tool is probably going to be a custom made tool. I thought
of a linking system to link between classes. In order to do this in a
less errorprone way I need to autogenerate a set of entities to link
between classes. Entities are aliases for longer pieces of docbook.
For example, I need to create an entity &BString_Length; that expands
Creating this manually is quite tedious (check midi2api.xml) so this
needs to be automated. I'm not very good at perl or python or any
other quick tool that can be used to write such a script, but I would
be able to explain very briefly to someone who can, what it should do
exactly.

While I'm certainly kept busy doing C++ work for this project, I am
pretty skilled at Ruby so could write this tool in that. If you would
prefer a more "common" language (though Ruby is gaining plenty of
popularity these days) I could probably do it in Python too. This is
if no one else steps up in the next few days (Perl or Python guys,
here is your chance to help the project!)

Regards,
Ryan