[haiku] Re: Haiku Alpha 1 Live CD / fails on 4th icon

  • From: Arnold <arnoldvanh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 10:09:20 +0200

2009/10/6 Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> John-Paul Harold <expensivelesbian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Yeah, I'm not worried I'll be in this situation long, it's just a bit
> > frustrating I'm not joining the party.
>
> If you can build Haiku yourself, you can switch to the old IDE stack -
> that one usually works on the hardware that doesn't work with ATA.
>
> Bye,
>    Axel.
>

> Earlier on I described this very similar problem with the HAIKU R1 iso on
Parallels 3 on a Macbook. (maybe this gives somebody a clue and an extra
opportunity to test an solve this issue)
Unfortunately I haven't had the time to test a VM image of the R1 so I can't
tell yet what that resulted in.

When building Haiku before R1 myself I managed to get a working Haiku VM
under Q(EMU). I suspect rebuilding Haiku at this moment would still give a
working VM in Q.

It would be very nice if this problem could be solved from within Haiku, but
given the replies in this thread I fear this will not be the case.

Regards,

Arnold