[haiku] Re: HDA audio driver - more testing, possible patch?

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 17:25:03 -0400

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 1:59 AM, Cyan <cyanh256@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Any pointers about how to fix any of these issues would be very,
> very much appreciated!

Unfortunately this is definitely not my area of expertise so I don't
have any advice. I do want to say though that this email and your
testing shows you really understand computer audio very well, and I
feel like this may be an area where you could really help Haiku :)

So maybe you can just dig into the code some more and see what you can
fix. Like Stephan says some of these problems may not even be in the
HDA driver, though if you were testing on BeOS then they probably are
in the HDA driver. But maybe you should test from Haiku more to flesh
out other audio bugs.

Anyhow, thanks for the effort in testing! I think a lot of us have HDA
hardware, so getting that working well on Haiku could be very
beneficial. Maybe that could be the "standard" recommended audio
hardware that we can be sure runs 100% in Haiku (well maybe a few
specific HDA chipsets to keep it reasonable.) That way we can flesh
out all the media kit bugs before working on other audio drivers.

Regards,
Ryan