[haiku] Re: HDA (audio) driver - feedback

  • From: "Cyan" <cyanh256@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 19:42:34 GMT

Dane Scott <dane@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A real-world example would be TuneTracker.  Radio stations need the
> ability to play audio over-the-air, but at the same time, have the
> ability to play audio "off-the-air" to a set of audition speakers,
> so they can preview songs and other audio prior to broadcasting it.
> Right now we accomplish that with a second sound card.

That's pretty cool; presumably the second soundcard bypasses the
media kit mixer to achieve that?

Have you had any luck utilising the multi-channel features on other
soundcards, such as the Echo Gina 3G, or even the old SB Live?
With the latter I've noticed in Cortex there are two connections:
one for a two-channel stream and one for a four-channel stream, but
I've not managed to establish a connection to the latter yet...