[openbeos] Re: HAIKU WEB MOKUP

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 13:04:17 -0700

Waldemar Kornewald wrote:

On 8/26/06, Ralf Schülke <teammaui@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Waldemar (again),
The Haiku site (http://plonetest.haiku-os.org/)
I think, the Logo and font site are to big, samler whas better.
What think you?
Can you update this?

Hehe, I disagree and it takes more to convince me. :)

Bye,
waldemar.org Kornewald
(me too ;)

Hehe! I like we are having a sense of humour. ;-)

Ralf does have a point. Screen real estate is precious, and you want to use it to its full to expose content. You applied this criteria when making the choice of using a wide format for the website (the right choice in my opinion). In a similar fashion, the logo could be slightly resized and repositioned (closer to the top edge) to gain some more space underneath for actual content. Freebsd.org does this well, so you could use their site as reference for proportions.

Koki