[openbeos] Guideline questions

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 22:49:01 +0200

Hi,

Before anyone starts writing code for this, do we want to sync our coding
styles and decide what to do regarding (API) documentation? I know the
BeBook is there but what if we get it all running and start
expanding/shrinking/depreciating/changing the functionality? Do we want to
have to edit the docs over and over again in straight HTML?

Personally, I'm _very_ fond of doxygen, but even with that, we'll have some
coordination to be done globally on where to put the comments, which style
to use, etc. _I_ personally would like to have this decided beforehand. For
coding-guidelines, I personally would pick OpenTracker/OpenDeskbar
guideline, because it is there, and those two modules are the base for us
to work from somehow (first opensource parts of BeOS).

Regards,

Ithamar R. Adema
Information Engineering Associates Ltd
http://www.ieadev.com