[haiku] Re: Guide to running Haiku under VirtualBox

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 00:19:28 +0100 CET

Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't know if it is
> Ubuntu or X.org, but all of a sudden I cannot play certain Xvid
> videos
> without custom options to mplayer and insane CPU usage.

After I updated to 8.10 I could not watch any video anymore, as the
hardware overlay blanked out after every second frame. And the WiFi
switch magically did not work anymore (it did work in 7.10, did not
work after the 8.04 update, and then came to life again a few months
later) - now I need to decide whether I'm going to need WiFi before
booting into Linux.
Well, at least it works :-)

Bye,
   Axel.