[haiku] Re: Guide to running Haiku under VirtualBox

  • From: Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 22:14:50 +0100

Stephan Assmus wrote:
Hi,

Von: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ubuntu: reminding those of us who use it why we work on Haiku.
The same could be sad for any other OS I used so far ;-)

<rant>
In many respects, Ubuntu is pretty cool and does a lot of things right. But for an OS with that momentum, it does releases with surprisingly big fuck-ups. Like the network manager not being able to remember static configurations.
Hehe, went crazy about that one too, i can't believe i had to enter my ip manually on each boot for 2 months 8-O Editing 'Auto eth0' doesn't work :-/ I finally found a solution somewhere lost on the web, create a new connection and assign it the same MAC adress as 'Auto eth0', it will remember your static settings.

Regards,
Alex