[haiku] Re: Guide to running Haiku under VirtualBox

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 14:00:46 -0500

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Alexander von Gluck
<kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've created a step by step process with screen shots of transferring the
> Haiku pre-alpha image to a 8GB disk image in VirtualBox
>
> Let me know if anyone sees any big mistakes.
>
> http://unixzen.com

Just to clarify, the haiku.vdi created from the raw Haiku image could
actually be used as the primary disk in VirtualBox, but you chose to
create a new disk for more space, right?

Since VMware has been broken in my Ubuntu machine for some time, I
might see about using VirtualBox instead. The conversion from image to
vdi could be added to the Jamfiles to make it very easy to do, though
it won't be quite as nice as the VMware stuff since that can modify
existing images.

Though maybe it would just be easier to try to get VMware working
again. Could I ask what version of VMware others are using in Ubuntu?
I am on Hardy (8.04 LTS) now but could upgrade to Intrepid (8.10) if
that helped.

Ubuntu: reminding those of us who use it why we work on Haiku.

Regards,
Ryan