[haiku] Re: Google and W+?

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 21:18:29 +0000

Pete Goodeve wrote:
On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 12:47:59AM +0000, Sean Collins wrote:
Pete Goodeve wrote:
On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 12:07:07AM +0000, Sean Collins wrote:
Pete Goodeve wrote:
Is it just me, or has Google suddenly become hardly useable on WebPositive?
The moment I start typing anything into the query field, it collapses to
nothing!  The multiple choices still appear below, but I can't see what
I'm typing.
(To amplify, the moment I start typing into the field, and it presumably
goes to get "favourites" from Google, the intro screen disappears and
the entry field goes to the top of the page and shrinks to less than
one chanracter wide!  Certainly didn't happen yesterday, and I think
I googled this morning without seeing it.)
[...]
  Could be that your CPU is downclocking to keep heat in check.

Heat...?  (:-))  This is the SF Bay Area!  May have been over 100°
a few miles inland but it never went past the mid 70s here all day.

The symptoms are nothing like a CPU problem anyway.  I'd say it's
almost certainly javascript because W+ is the only place that's active
(I use NoScript in Firefox).  Strange that nobody else is seeing it, though,
as I've tried two very different machines with (I think) different W+ versions..

        -- Pete --

Try the latest nightly

Sean