[haiku] Re: Google Summer of Code Introduction

  • From: Scott Jacovidis <scottybe2012@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 19:30:31 -0400

Re: Alex Wilson

Hello Alex,

To answer your question I do have experience with the Be API.  I
learned to program C++ on BeOS.  The first program that I published on
BeBits was Matching Columns (recently re-submitted).  I also still
have original copies of the BeOS Bible, Programming the Be Operating
System, and Be Advanced Topics.  I was very much into BeOS when it was
out and spent quite a bit of time studying it.

>>This sounds very much like Stack And Tile (try dragging a window on
>>top of another while holding the Win/Meta key). If this idea is
>>separate from S&T, please elaborate on how it is.

That is exactly what I was envisioning.  I thought I had a unique
idea.  Thanks for pointing that out.

Please feel free to check out my code which is included with Matching
Columns.  Remember that was my first C++ program 11 years ago. :)

Thanks For your reply.

Scott