[haiku] Re: Good news on the LLVM front

  • From: Paul Davey <plmdvy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 11:44:09 +1300

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 2:16 AM, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le 6 oct. 2010 à 15:13, Axel Dörfler a écrit :
>
>> François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> For headers it should mostly be checks for __GNUC__ for mangled
>>> function.
>>
>> AFAIK LLVM should be compatible with that.
>
> Ah I was wondering in the bus... it should make things much easier indeed.

clang is meant to be a drop in replacement for gcc in many ways
(without the bugs you hope :D) so it defines most of the GNU
preprocessor defines, I need to get back into building clang and llvm
on haiku.
we have a few haiku changes that must be made to ease certain things
in llvm.  stuff like __cxa_atexit not being in haiku's libroot :/
last I was playing with this I had clang building clang on haiku but I
cant remember if I got the resulting compiler to build clang...
I am going to be finished university soon and so will have time to
play with haiku again so I can work on this, I just hope that nothing
broke since I last fixed stuff or the 2.8 release wont build on haiku
:(