[haiku] Re: Go Language.

  • From: Ankur Sethi <get.me.ankur@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 11:25:08 +0530

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 2:45 AM, Johan Aires Rastén <johan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sounds like you need Haskell :) It's a pretty cool language. Someone
> ought to port a decent compiler for it.

Haskell is indeed beautiful. Sadly, the learning curve is too steep
for someone who has never touched a functional language before. My
copy of Real World Haskell is still untouched :(

At the end of the day, you write whatever gets the work done. For me,
at least, there's little reason to venture beyond C++, Objective-C and
occasionally Python. I wish something comes up that absolutely
requires Haskell ...

Go looks nice, even if the syntax is ugly. With all these new
languages appearing on the JVM and CLR, it seemed that people had lost
interest in languages that ran on bare metal. I was afraid we'd be
stuck with C and C++ forever :p

--
Salut,
General Maximus