[openbeos] Re: [Glasselevator-talk] Re: Glasselevator-talkdigest, Vol 1 #3 - 3 msgs (themes and other apps)...

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:18:28 -0500

There is certainly some element of truth in this.
But the situation is not as grim as you might think.
First and foremost, I control who contributes to source control. :-)
If someone wants to be problematic, I could deny them that.
Then, if they want to fork the code, that is their choice. But the "main"
branch can and will remain fairly well controlled.  OpenSource projects
grow from contributions. Forked code rarely gets those contributions because
the reason for forking was poor.