[openbeos] Re: [Glasselevator-talk] Re: Glasselevator-talk digest, Vol 1 #3 - 3 msgs (themes and other apps)...

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 23:55:21 +0100

>Not only that, but you can bet your bottom dollar that if
>someone does just that ("checking out"), and sells the darn
>thing (ie, YellowTab could do just that), and doesn't feed
>money back into the community (incl. OBOS), the initiative
>may quickly fall apart (-> disillusionment).

Just to clear things up, YellowTab has more then once clearly indicated
that _if_ OBOS is going to be used in their distro, they are more then
willing to make sure OBOS gets something back for that. Contact has
been made to talk about that....

>What I (as part of BeUnited) want, is to feed as much $$
>back into dev. as possible, because I know that we can't do
>much without happy and well-fed OBOS coders.

And any sane person who takes our code knows that as well. Again, look
at the number of distro companies and what they give back to Linux :)

Ithamar.